During this unprecedented coronavirus crisis, our first priority is the safety of our staff and guests. Double Oak Resort (DOR) is taking the virus and the threat it may pose very seriously. We are following the guidelines provided by the CDC and are open for business. We are continuing to monitor this developing situation and will follow official recommendations and mandates from public health officials. Updates will be communicated as they occur.
As always, DOR has a social responsibility to be clean and aware. We are working hard to ensure we meet the health and safety recommendations on hygiene and cleaning when it comes to our guest rooms. It’s standard practice for us to clean visibly dirty surfaces followed by EPA-registered disinfection products with proven ability to kill respiratory viruses. Bedding and linens are laundered with products suitable for porous services as directed. Our already vigorous hygiene and prevention measures are followed in each unit upon departure of each guest, and DOR will continue these established procedures moving forward.
Our guests can do their part by practicing good hygiene. The best defense against most viruses are basic protective measures. We ask that you:
- wash your hands frequently for 20 seconds with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth if your hands are not freshly washed
- cover your cough and sneeze with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow, dispose of tissues, and wash your hands as soon as possible
- avoid close contact with others, keeping a three-foot distance between you and someone who is sneezing or coughing
- if you develop symptoms, please self-isolate and seek medical advice promptly
On behalf DOR, we want to thank you for putting your trust in us and supporting our small business. Our focus remains on continuing to welcome each of you with the service and experiences our resort is known for. We’re committed to working through these challenging circumstances, and we pray things will be back to normal soon.