Double Oak Resort is a pet-friendly property. Well-behaved, house-broken, attended pets are welcome with proof of rabies vaccine. In consideration of other guests, dogs in heat and aggressive dogs are not allowed anywhere on property.
It is the strict policy of Double Oak Resort that all guests bringing pets to the property register their pets and sign this written Pet Policy. If you are unwilling to sign this form, then we cannot accommodate your pet. Please keep in mind, not all people care for animals, and some are afraid of them. Please be considerate of other guests. We want everyone to enjoy their stay – those with and without pets.
Reservations and Fees
If a pet will be traveling with you, advance notification should be given at the time the reservation is made. Maximum allowable weight is 80 lbs. At check-in, a pet fee of $20.00 per night or $100.00 per week will be charged to your room stay. The pet fee is a non-refundable fee to cover additional cleaning required upon your departure. No more than two (2) pets are allowed per room. Pets MUST be registered with the front desk at check-in.
- Please bring a copy of your pet(s) vaccination record as proof of current rabies vaccine.
- Pets must be house-broken and properly controlled by the owner at all times while on property.
- Dogs in heat and aggressive dogs are not allowed anywhere on the property. If your pet is deemed dangerous, harmful or disruptive, Double Oak Resort has sole discretion to require you to make alternative arrangements for your pet(s) at pet owner’s expense. Management also reserves the right to contact animal control to have the pet removed if necessary; again, at pet owner’s expense.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times while outdoors and in the public areas for the safety of all guests and other pets.
- Pets must be crated when left alone or unsupervised in guest rooms in an effort to minimize damage to the unit. In addition, your pet(s) will feel more comfortable when left alone if he/she is in his/her own “room”. Pets should not be left unsupervised for more than two hours at a time.
- Excessive barking is not permitted and must be controlled by the owner. This is the number one complaint from other guests.
- If your dog is wet, we ask that you please do your best to dry them before letting them inside. If your pet is the shedding kind, please keep them off the beds and furniture. Excessive shedding will result in additional fees based on the additional time required for hair removal.
- Please remember, pet waste transmits disease. Pet owners are responsible for immediate removal of all pet waste from guest rooms and grounds for the safety of all guests.
- In addition to the standard pet fee noted above, pet owners are financially responsible for any excessive cleaning charges as well as all damages caused by the pet. Additional charges include, but are not limited to pet odors, pet stains, waste removal, pest controls, excessive hair removal, damage to furniture and/or room contents, as well as loss of Double Oak Resort revenue due to the inability to rent out the unit.
Failure to abide by any of these rules may result in removal of pet from the premises. To satisfy complaints because of the actions of your pet, one warning will be given. Subsequent warnings will be grounds for removal of the pet from the property. Pet owners shall be bound to remove the pet when requested to do so at pet owner’s expense. Should you elect to vacate the premises with your pet prior to your scheduled departure, no refund will be given for advance payments and you will be responsible for the remaining balance due.